Secure voice and data communications in Euro-ISDN
Top-security crypto technology
The ELCRODAT 6-2 is the first encryption unit approved by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for the transmission of information classified up to TOP SECRET which uses a public key method for key agreement. In conjunction with the public key method, the noise generator implemented in the encryption unit permits mutual authentication and key agreement. New session keys are generated in the encryption unit for each connection. They do not leave the units and are deleted after the session, thus ensuring maximum security. Access for users and administrator is secured by state of the art processor chipcards.
One system - two versions
The system is available in two versions: ELCRODAT 6-2 S and ELCRODAT 6-2 M.
- Version "S" is used for Euro-ISDN basic rate access (S0 bus/port). It is the secure supplement to existing Euro-ISDN terminals or PBXs.
- Version "M" is used for Euro-ISDN primary rate access (S2M port) and permits simultaneous individual encryption of up to 30 channels. A typical application of this version is the 2 Mbit/s port encryption at the front end of ISDN PBX systems.
The devices are connected between commercial ISDN terminals and the ISDN access point. The encryption devices act like terminal equipment against the network. For terminal equipments the ELCRODAT 6-2 acts as a network termination (NT).
The ELCRODAT 6-2 high-end encryption system consists of the following components:
- Encryption units
- Management station for certificate administration
- Logging station for remote monitoring of the encryption units
- Service station for remote administration
ELCRODAT 6-2 provides secure transmission of classified information up to SECRET UE/EU SECRET. It can be used for all ISDN basic services, even via satellite links (Inmarsat M4, Swift 64, BGAN), e.g. for: Voice / Data / Fax (group 4) /Video conferences.
By using an external IP-Adapter the ED 6-2S and ED 6-2M can be connected to IP networks and the encrypted communication will be transported in the IP network (ISDN over IP).